1) Oral Hygiene: Brush and floss normally with the aligners out. Try to brush after eating and before re-inserting aligners. Large food particles may prevent proper insertion.
2) Eating: There are no food restrictions with Invisalign. However, aligners must ALWAYS be removed when eating.
3) Drinking: Except for cold or room temp water, always remove aligners while drinking anything. Any fluid will get inside the aligner and be held against your teeth possibly for hours and can cause staining or damage the teeth and aligners.
4) Chewing Gum: Do NOT chew gum while wearing aligners.
5) Smoking: It is advised NOT to smoke while wearing the aligners. It will stain the aligners and teeth.
6) If any attachments break off, do not worry. Continue with wearing your trays and inform the doctor at the next appointment.
If you have any trouble with your treatment, please call the office.